Home

Aluminum boat transom sealant

How to seal your transom when rigging your outboard on your boat with 3M 4200 fast cure.DON'T use silicone! It's evil! Buy on Amazon: 3M 4200 10oz: http:/.. Re: Transom overhaul aluminum to wood -glue or sealant ? Ditto. It sounds like you did a great job prepping the aluminum. A well sealed transom, properly bolted in place should last for ages. You could seal around the perimeter of it with some 3M 5200 just to be safe, but otherwise you should be good to go As for proper care and maintenance of aluminum boat sealants, you can consider the following guides: Adhere to the product application and safety instructions. This is generally indicated in the product's label. When preparing, make sure that the surface is clean, dry and free of any age-old sealant. Keep in mind that mating surfaces must be.

I replaced my transom last year with 5200 on my aluminum. The transducer holes still leaked & I was able get it all off. I had to put an aluminum backing plate on the inside & redid it with 5200. I think life calk is even stronger July 20, 2017 at 2:50 pm #1705720. West System seems like overkill for sealing transducer holes. Honestly, any of those should work just fine. I have seen more people seal transducer holes with standard silicon sealant than anything elseSome people (specially on that forum) get too caught up in the minute details and argue over something. With the right marine sealant, providing maximum protection and the best care for your boat can be a less exhausting and stressing task to handle. You need to ensure that you use the product accordingly, and apply it whenever needed, using the right amount and apply it in seasons just as directed in the product's label The T6 Aluminum plate is powder coated and mounted to the jon boat transom. The plate is bolted through the transom and sealed with 3M M5200. We now sealed a..

I have seamless aluminum trim that protects the top of that board. Will it stay 100% dry? Probably not, but that's also why a person needs to pay close attention to sealing up the edges. Will my transom board last the life of the boat? I don't know, but I bet it's going to last a very long time. Pretty happy with how that build turned out Easy-to-use, two-part, flexible, waterproof epoxy sealer repairs leaking rivets and seams, and patches small holes on aluminum boats quickly and effectively. Long working time (75 minutes @ 72°F) ensures better penetration and a better seal. Absorbs stresses from contraction, vibration, shock, and expansion holding firmly to prevent leaks Polyether: One of the most exposure resistant sealants, unaffected by teak oils or cleaners, permanently flexible, and sandable. West Marine Multi-Caulk is an excellent choice for wood, metal, or fiberglass but will attack some plastics. However, 3M 4000UV is rated as being safe for all plastics. Flexible epoxy formulations: New epoxy.

Transom wood - Sealing question. HI bigdog. There are a couple methods you can use. If you want the transom to outlast the Zombie Apocalypse, your best bet is probably to coat it with 2-part epoxy, or to use polyester resin and fiberglass mat to encapsulate the wood. Both work great, but can be a little messy and you generally have to order. Aluminum boats, especially shallow water aluminum boats, need their seals to be both tough and elastic to keep rivets and seams plugged when under the stress of abrasion, jarring and flexing. 2.) Most importantly, a sealant needs to have very strong adhesion to the aluminum Needed to seal a 30+ year old Aluminum boat before painting. The can isn't full so that you can add the activator in the can and mix. I applied the product using a 4 inch foam roller. Had enough product to completely seal the entire bottom, sides and transom. The product dries fast so you need to apply quickly

Outboard mounting tips - How to seal transom HOLES

1. Keeping water from entering the boat through the outboard motor mounting bolts requires a sealant capable of long-term exposure to both fresh and saltwater. Using the incorrect type of sealant will stop water leaks for a short time but the leaks will soon return and continue to cause damage to the boat's transom
  2. um Jon Boat=This is the second video for the new jon boat to bass boat build I am doing. In th..
  3. um, wood, and fiberglass surfaces on your boat. Such a product with a reliable bond is an amazing option to fix hull and deck seams.

Transom overhaul aluminum to wood -glue or sealant

Just buy 303, 304, or 316 ss bolts. Check all bolts to make sure they aren't magnetic. Bed them in polysulfide or any good polyurethane caulk (Life Caulk from Boat Life is fine) . Bolt strength isn't too much of an issue, as any bolt is strong enough considering the bracket is pressing and not pulling on the transom. Sealing them is important Sealing Leaking Rivets on an Aluminum Boat. As promised, we will now focus on fixing leaks specifically around rivets in boats. Make sure you get your hands on a product that will be able to absorb the shocks and vibrations of the aluminum boat. Most epoxies do that. Check if it is only the rivets leaking or the keel as well

7 Best Sealers for Aluminum Boats Reviewed and Rated in 202

Whether the wood transom on your aluminum jon boat is damaged or deteriorating, replacing it takes only some wood, the right tools, the right kind of caulk and paint or other surface sealant. Items you will need. Adjustable wrenches. Right angle brackets, 1/2-inch bolt holes. Half-sheet, 3/4-inch marine plywood. Pencil. Power saw. Drill. 1/2. Transom Fabrication: Typical small boats have transoms made of wood, as the years pass the wood will rot and become useless. This instructable will guide you in removing, fabricating and replacing the transom of that old boat you just bough againt your wife's wishes. I am replacing the motor on my aluminum boat with a new (bigger) one. Looking for opinions on how to fill/seal the two 5/16 security bolt holes from the old motor. The transom has a wood core with sheet aluminum on both sides and is approximately 2-3/4 thick. I assume I need to do this to.. A marine sealant for aluminum boats is for use when leaks are on the vessel's body. A small leak that you fail to repair may bring more damages. Hence, we need a sealant formulated to use on aluminum boats. Also, if you are a first-time user, fret not as the application is a breeze as long as you follow the manufacturer's instructions The Boat Life Life-Calk as LHG mentioned is the best sealant, expecially for used boats which may have dampness in the transom wood. L H G posted 12-15-2011 05:39 PM ET (US

here's my boat

I'm in the process of replacing the transom on my 1984 Grumman 16CC aluminum boat. I've done a lot of reading on the different ways to seal the transom but I can't find any information on whether the various techniques affect the size of the wood. My transom is 2 inches thick and is made up of 2 three-quarter inch sheets with a sheet of half. I realize the transom will have to be thicker or stronger, to handle extra weight of outboard and force generated wile pushing boat . Which adhesive sealant would be best above and below water line? Most plywood comes in 8 foot lengths so I must bond 2 sheets end to end for bottom can I use same adhesive sealant to glue and seal joint where.

Sealing transom screws in aluminium Ohio Game Fishin

I did a couple of estimates on aluminum boat repair and they were both not weldable, IMO. One had a transom crack in the transom cover that had premix oil in it. The other was on a spar that riveted into the HULL. 3M does make a great sealant for aluminum containers It's called Leak Check. It's a low viscosity liquid and will fill the. If you have a Aluminum boat and the transom is all aluminum no wood, and not sealed, why use 5200 to seal the bolt holes at the motor mount? The maker of the boat did not use and to seal the tie downs or the transom support holes. So the question is why use it and what good would it be if the.. Dry rot is one of the frequent problems for anyone repairing their aluminum boat's wooden transom, which is why it's a good idea to seek out a Git-Rot Kit for repair. This kit utilizes a two-part liquid epoxy that can penetrate the rot and use the natural fibers of the wood to get deeper into the wood than you might imagine 4. If mounting a transducer on an aluminum boat, we must place a self-adhesive tape above the drill hole location to reduce cracks in the gel coat layer. 5. Using a 4 mm (5/32 inch) drill on marked locations. 6. Attach the sealant to the supplied 20 mm bolts and attach a transducer assembly to the stern mirror

Sealing screws on transom?? - General Discussion Forum

Aluminum boats are some of the most innovative boats currently being crafted. Smaller aluminum boats are riveted together with a sealant between the two panels of aluminum. Around the transom is an area to inspect for fatigue cracks carefully. If there are any problems, they will be clearly visible PAR Yacht Designer/Builder. 1- Place the middle layer with the grain level to the water. The layer facing the transom skin (the aluminum) cant 12 degrees to starboard, so the grain is higher on the starboard side then the port. Do the opposite with the inboard layer Marine Adhesives, Sealant & Caulking - Since 1998, iboats is the most trusted water lifestyle online store for boat parts and accessories, boats for sale, and forums. Enjoy great priced products with fast shipping Depends on the hole but a screw, preferably aluminum but stainless works too, dipped in 3M 5200 will seal old screw holes permanently. If it's just a few screw holes this is the way to go. Having repaired many boats on our fly in trips (dragged over rocks when portaging) we have done them all

Unfortunately, once that sealant is removed and that cap lifted, you will see the edge of the outside skin, the edge of the wood, possibly an aluminum strip on top of the wood running the length of transom and some hull & deck compound on top of that strip 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 (05203) Permanent Bonding and Sealing for Boats and RVs Above and Below the Waterline Waterproof Repair, White, 3 fl oz Tube 4.7 out of 5 stars 5,613 24 offers from $14.9

Maybe 1 or 2 liters for 12 hours in water. It's a fiberglass boat, so the only holes I can think of are transom holes - 2 below water line mounting holes for the outboard, and the drain plug. I troubleshooted the leak to the port side mounting bolt for the outboard. Not sure how long its been leaking (4 year old boat), but I haven't noticed any. As typically when using any through bolts on a wood-cored transom (even on frp boats) and especially on a boat that will be used in saltwaters, I would drill through a 3/8+ hole for use with 1/4 bolts, then wet-out the core with thinned epoxy and once that kicked, I'd back-fill it with a syringe using a thickened formulation mix TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Leak Sealer is a quick & easy cartridge-based solution to the perennial problem of leaky seams & rivets. It combines the strength of epoxy with the flexibility, sag resistance, & sealing properties of an elastomeric sealant for quick, permanent fixes. Resin and hardener come in a handy cartridge Boat Engine Outboard Motor Transom Support Upper Plate for Top Bolt Holes 2 Holes - 15 Long - Aluminum TSP-1(3001.8067) $22.99 $ 22 . 99 Get it as soon as Wed, Jul 2 I don't have a newer aluminum boat where there is already a welded tab to mount your bracket. So I was looking for options short of drilling into the hull of the transom on my new boat? I don't have a problem with it, I would just fill the holes with marine tex prior to assembly. But I've heard..

Share. Posted July 26, 2019. I just installed a jack plate on my Alumacraft which has a 20hp outboard; however, I could only get the 3/8 stainless bolts torqued to 22 Foot Pounds before the transom started bending inwards a little at the area of the bolts washer; my transom is hollow and has two .125 aluminum layers on each side - so 4 total When we had a aluminum boat we just mounted it on a 2x4 and clamped it with a C-clamp to the transom. it never came loose. You bolt the ducer to it and then clamp the mount to the transom. Great for testing all my boats out. Life Seal is made by Boat Life, Life Industries is the parent company. It's both poleurathane and silicon combined I was thinking about injecting some Git-Rot around all the bolt holes to seal up the exposed wood. Then I was going to epoxy some 1/2 inserts into the bad upper holes with Marine-Tex/ then seal all the bolt holes with a good marine sealant before reinstalling the outboard. Finally I got an aluminum transom brace to go between the top bolts I bought a used tracker aluminum boat a couple weeks ago and need some tips on sealing some old screw holes. The previous owner removed his fish finder transducer before selling the boat and left the brackets behind. Problem is my transducer needs to be mounted in the same location, but doesn't.. Apply a little extra on the high side of the rivets and let gravity help. Wait a couple days, cover the rivet with something like MarineTex putty or Aquamend epoxy, let it set, then coat that putty with more Gluvit. Before touch up paint, wash the repairs with 50/50 vinegar and water and a scotch brite etch. To qualify the above, any chance to.

12 Best Marine Sealants Reviewed and Rated in 2021

Aluminum Boat Barrier Coat Epoxy Primer. $ 37.99 - $ 99.99. Two-part, high-build epoxy barrier coat provides exceptional corrosion protection on aluminum boats, pontoons, and underwater metals. Compatible with all antifouling paints and other one- and two-part finishes. Use above and below the waterline Transom Quality is a Top Priority. Experienced boaters know that the transom of a boat endures tremendous stress. That's why the aluminum clad transom on a Lowe utility boat is designed to surpass what you'd find on a typical small fishing boat - its super strong construction is built to last

Jon Boat Transom Fix: 3M Marine 4200 Quick Cure 3of3 - YouTub

1. As you may know I am in the process of rebuilding the wood casting deck on my boat. I am leaving on a trip tomorrow. I was considering buying a nice boat cover instead of sealing the wood. I bought thompsons water seal, but heard it is garbage. Also, i still need to seal my transom regardless. Wh..
  2. um jon boat. Some are mechanical, involving resetting the rivets; some are chemical, using a sealant around the rivets. All the methods have one thing in common: Before you begin the repair, you fill the boat with water, to find the leaks
  3. um, rubber edge, vinyl and teak from trusted brands
  4. um? Everbrite and ProtectaClear are easy to apply, tough, clear protective coatings that will restore alu
  5. um cap acts as a 'flexable' cover that should shed water
  6. um boats and canoes: leaking seams and rivets in alu

In 2012, boaters bought 77,150 aluminum boats. They're light, economical, nearly maintenance-free, easy to repair and almost impervious to damage. The Coast Guard and Navy prefer them for small craft, and many commercial boats are aluminum, as are many recreational craft 3M Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 (05203) Permanent Bonding and Sealing for Boats and RVs Above and Below the Waterline Waterproof Repair, White, 3 fl oz Tube 4.7 out of 5 stars 5,652 $12.74 $ 12 . 74 $17.99 $17.9 Installing the Transducer. From outside the hull, thread the cable through the mounting hole. Then push the stem of the transducer through the hole using a twisting motion to squeeze out excess sealant. Take care to align the transducer with the blunt/button/arrow end facing forward toward the bow These plates are machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum - they are not inexpensive castings. The outside plates are 5-1/2 in diameter to cover the largest exhaust ports. The inner plates are 4-1/2 in diameter. The outside plate is threaded on the back side. To install, you merely sandwich the transom of the boat between the plates 3. What is the good and bad points of adding a aluminum plate to the back of the transom for aded support. Just a little info, the boat is a 73 Starcraft 18OB with an 85hp Chrysler outboard. I'm not sure if the transom is cored or fiberglass on the outside with a Plywood interior side. Here in Philly the constant rain has left m

Apply waterproof sealant on surface around pipe nipple and screw holes. Insert pipe nipples through transom and secure actuator upper mounts to transom with #14 x 1-1/2 screws. Note: Cover the ends of the pipe nipples with masking tape to prevent dirt or debris from entering the system. Remove masking tape before making connections inside the. Time to get busy on keeping your boat's transom nice and sturdy with these expert tips and tricks! Contents [ show] How To Reinforce A Transom On An Aluminum Boat - What To Expect. 1. Gather up your materials. 2. Remove the core and frame. 3. Use the transom as your template BoatLIFE offers a wide variety of boat caulks and sealants, all featuring various formulas, so you can select the right product for the job. Even when using our products, you will still need to make repairs from time to time. Boats do tough work as they fight off a variety of elements, such as water and sun Use Gluvit on aluminum fishing boats to repair leaky aluminum seams and rivets. The cure rate has a long working time that allows penetration into cracks to seal and strengthen. Gluvit fills minor chips and pinholes, and is easily painted with most bottom or topside coatings and paints Sealing bolt holes in transom. Post. by krawler » 18 Mar 2013, 18:54. Put some into the hole and around the top of the bolt/screw and on the threads, so when you tighten it down there is goop squishing out from under the bolt/screw head. Then just use a paper towel to wipe off the excess and make it look clean

10+ images about jon boat ideas on Pinterest | Bass boat

Replacing Transom Board (Wood) on an old Aluminum Boat

Tore the transom

This unique formulation has resilient, specially treated rubber granules self-contained in a totally flexible polyurethane base resulting in the give & comfort that no other non-slip boat paint offers. Just roll it on with a paint roller - easy DIY application. Bonds to aluminum, steel, wood, fiberglass & concrete How to Replace a Wood Transom on an Aluminum Jon Boat. By Will Charpentier . If there are soft spots in the transom of your boat, it may be time to reinforce the transom with a composite core material. The work is messy, creates toxic fumes, involves working with wood, paint, fiberglass and epoxy and generally makes for a full weekend of effort. Whether finishing cockpits, fly-bridges, transoms, bulkheads, hatches, cabin interiors, cabinets or other areas of a boat, our comprehensive selection of Trim & Moulding meets your needs. Boat builders and OEM rely on our Trim & Moulding products for durable, long-lasting protection with a quality seal to protect corners and edges. Both decorative and functional, our Trim & Moulding is the.

That looks nasty. I would make a pattern of the transom and get 2 pcs of aluminum the same thickness as the transom and sandwitch the old transom with them. I would use marne sealant as a glue and use bolts with fender washers to hold it on. You may not have enough metal to weld a patch on the way it is now Newbie Aluminum Transom Repair - PLEASE HELP! Hi Folks, I have a Mackenzie Runabout probably mid or late 70's. On the interior the transom has been refabricated and reinforced with an aluminum support brace. On the exterior you will notice red spots marking holes that need to be patched Georges has repaired hundreds Aluminum Boat transom including many Lund transoms, Crestliner transoms, Alumacraft transoms and many other manufacturers. Georges also repairs fiberglass hull transoms. Common repairs include such as Skeeter transoms, Ranger transoms, Glastron transoms, Four Winns transoms, Larson transoms, Bass Cat transoms. Our boat is a custom welded aluminum (5086 and 6061) jet boat. I put it in the salt water in March of 2001 and have been battling the spots salt water makes on the aluminum ever since. In addition, the areas around the cowlings turned a nasty yellow blotched color from the diesel fumes that really looked bad On boats, we use adhesives and sealants. Sealants do not possess great bonding strength. Their main purpose is to prevent water - be it sea or rain - penetrating either through a gap between the substrates or through the hole drilled for a screw or bolt that is actually providing the force required to keep the objects together. Typically.

Amazon.com: TotalBoat Aluminum Boat Leak Sealer: Kitchen ..

A sealant adds no structural value since its intended purpose is to seal a gap between to materials; most sealants never harden. There are numerous adhesive available on the market that would fit your application but I would suggest Loctite® Power Grab® Adhesive over the Liquid Nails. swilly78, I was a carpenter long before I was an enginee Repairing the transom of the boat is a minor boat repair since the transom is the flat area located at the back of the boat. Repairing the transom is not that difficult if you have the right tools and equipment. Below is a detailed guideline on how to repair the transom on your boat. Step 1 - Dry the Boat. To make any repairs to your boat or. We offer marine caulk for a wide range of applications. Depending on the application, you will require polyurethane, polysulfide, silicone or polyether caulk. For some applications, you may prefer to use butyl caulking tape or a bedding compound. West Marine offers all the popular brands, including 3M, Boat Life, Blue Dolphin, Sika and West Marine Marine Grade Press In Step Tread. $0.30. Add to Cart. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Marine Grade Aluminum Frame Door Seal. $0.30. Add to Cart. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. White T-Slot Foam Filled Bulb Seal

How to Select Sealants and Caulk West Marin

This is a drain plug. When removed from the bottom of your boat's transom, water drains out. When inserted in the transom, it prevents water from coming back in. Sounds pretty simple, and maybe. T & R Marine TE-217 Transom PartsConstructed of aluminum. Allows long shaft engine to be used on short shaft boat transoms. Raises engine 5-inches. For all clamp-on engines up to 40 horsepower.T & R Marine Transom Elevator 14 Wide TE-217Normalized..

Lowrance Structure Scan Transducer placement

Transom wood - Sealing question - TinBoats

362 Posts. Discussion Starter · #1 · Feb 24, 2012. I have a 12ft v-hull aluminum row boat. It only gets useda couple weeks a year, but it is very leaky and takes on about 5 gallons of water per hour. It leaks on the seams where the rivets connect the ribs to the inside of the boat. I've tried brazing the seams, but that didn't work out very. Outboard Mounting Hardware: Stainless or Galvanized? Factories are using stainless bolts and nuts to mount outboards. These fasteners need to be carefully installed to prevent crevice corrosion. By Ed Sherman. March 7, 2014. This outboard is mounted with stainless steel bolts and a double stainless nuts. The white residue on the bolts is from. Apply a generous bead of adhesive sealant — according to manufacturer recommendations — around the flange of the light and press it into position. Scrape or wipe off excess sealant. 7. On the inside of the boat, screw on the retaining nut, then route the wires and connect them to a suitable switch or breaker The cost to replace the transom on a boat will vary greatly depending on whether you pay someone to do it, or if you do it yourself. After some research I came across prices as high as $5,000 to have it done professionally, but I'll show you how I was able to do it myself for about $263 A leaky aluminum pontoon can lose its buoyancy if damaged areas aren't repaired in a timely manner. Putting off a repair only makes things worse, and excessive delays can result in your boat being landlocked. Sealing an aluminum pontoon isn't hard, so there's no need to procrastinate. All you need is a bit.

What is the Best Boat Sealant - What is the best way to

Installing the Transducer. From outside the hull, thread the cable through the mounting hole. Then push the stem of the transducer through the hole using a twisting motion to squeeze out excess sealant. Take care to align the transducer with the blunt/button/arrow end facing forward toward the bow Select the mounting hole on the outboard bracket that will best suit your boat and application. Move the engine into position. Feed the outboard bolts on the jack plate into the mounting holes on the engine bracket. Fit each bolt with a washer and locknut, and use a torque wrench to tighten to 90 foot-pounds, or the engine manufacturer's. Most boats come equipped with a pair of transom eyes as well as a bow eye in the stem, but not all boats have a suitable point for lifting the bow. It's important that any lifting point is properly connected to the hull. Using hardware secured only to the deck can damage the hull-to-deck joint

Amazon.com : Marine-Tex RM330K Gluvit Waterproof Epoxy ..

1. A Lund Boat is An Expensive Boat. Lund boats tend to run 20% to 30% more than their competitors. For example, a 19' Pro-V will start out at $43,000.00. A 19' Tracker Targa will start out at a price of only $36,000.00. This makes the Lund Pro-V $7,000.00 more expensive than the Tracker Targa
  2. The company asked if I wanted to go back with wood (plywood) or coosa, I went back with wood. Called Grady and bitched at them a little and they sent a new transom cap they use in present production boats. Made transom a little thicker than original, top was glassed closed, then put the Grady cap over that and sealed
  3. Kick back and spend a relaxing day on the water in one of our family friendly boats. Lounge seats, storage room, and a smooth ride create the perfect family boat. With several models to choose from that have a variety of lengths and layouts, there is a boat ready to be used for any kind of non-specific species of fish
  4. um backing plate once you have double-checked the sturdiness of the outboard and the placement of the motor
  5. um boat paints can be used below or above the water line. For alu
  6. transom and check to see that the upper mounts of the hydraulic actuators do not center on an inside obstruction. If they do, reposition tabs slightly outboard. The further outboard the tabs are mounted, the greater the lateral (side-to-side) control. Position tabs 3 to 4 from the chine (side of boat) and run towards the centerline of the boat
  7. um Boat Company, which became Larson Boats in 1950. All of their models had Crestliner in their names, and, in 1957, the company became Crestliner Boats. These are the most commonly reported problems with Crestliners: 1. Cracked welds. In 1978, Crestliner became part of the newly formed Genmar.

How to Seal an Outboard to Transom Bolts Gone Outdoors

1. um jet boat. Three stage jet, 454 Chevy. Jet has SS impellersNew last summer- cutlass bearings, shaft sleeves, mechanical seal, transom seal, roller bearing and housing
  2. um boat site! Skip to content. Boats. Boat House. 1968 Ouachita Transom Wood Replacement . Boating related questions, small projects, custom work and talk go here. 9 posts • Page 1 of 1. AndyN Posts: 3 Joined: 02 Aug 2021, 17:58 Location.
  3. Boats, more fun for you and your family. At iboats.com we help you to have more fun on the water. For over 22 years we have served both recreational boaters and marine businesses. We offer the lowest prices on over 150,000 OEM and aftermarket boat parts and accessories with the largest selection of quality items found anywhere
  4. Sealing and Mounting Transom Replacement for my 12 Ft
  5. The 10 Best Marine Sealant Reviews for 202
  6. Transom Bolts question Boat Design Ne
  7. 7 Best Aluminum Boat Sealer - (Reviews & Buying Guide 2021
Transom PlateTransducer placement? - General Discussion Forum | In

Boat Transom Replacement - YouTub

1. How to reseal enclosed transom On An aluminum boat without
  2. 3M 4200 or 5200 sealant for mounting transducer board to
  3. Starcraft Gluvit Treatment to seal a leaking boat - YouTub
  4. Sealing bolt holes in transom Catfish Angler Forum at USC
  5. How to Replace a Wood Transom on an Aluminum Jon Boat
  6. Transom Fabrication : 7 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructable